- A list of jobs will never adequately substitute for a resume.
- List employment chronology with specific dates.
- List specific projects and results.
- List achievements, honors and awards.
- Include types and numbers of personnel supervised.
- Note professional and personal goals.
- Indicate special, personal or family considerations.
HELPFUL WEB SITES
- Always have your resume professionally typed and presentable.
- If in doubt about how to dress, wear business attire and dress nicer than you normally do. Make sure clothes are clean and outfit is pressed.
- If appropriate bring along any photos and diagrams that support your specific work.
- Look up the company’s web site prior to the interview.
- Come prepared with 10 specific questions you would like to have answered about the company, other than money or benefits.
- Be prepared to tell the interviewer how you have grown and contributed to the company you are currently with.
- Always do a once over of your outfit right before you go in for the interview. Even inspect your shoes for mud.
Pingback: Mission Statement | gth & Associates, Inc. – EXECUTIVE SEARCH FIRM